Followers

Jan 21, 2012

CUTE LITTLE FLOWERS -A NIB PAINTING...




Here is my Nib Painting....

I picked up this design from 

an embroidery design sheet...

I decided to use it in some art work

and I found Nib painting the right platform...

Usually nib paintings are done on a felt cloth 

which is stretched or stuck on a board...

I traced out the design...

preferred a pastel shade for the flowers

and gave bright shades of green

 for the leaves...

the  stalks got a yellowish shade

 to bring out the difference...

when the work was finished  using oil colors 

with a set of special nibs and was about to be framed...

my friend who saw it commented 

" Nice embroidery work..."

I told her that it is not an embroidery

but a Nib Painting...

and the success of a good nib painting

is it should look like a needle work...

I was glad my Nib flowers passed the test...


                                         
                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment